Is it safe to remove mold myself?

2.51K viewsOther
0

safe to remove mold myself?

Terrance Sawyer Answered question December 30, 2022
0

I advise against it. While other homeowners suggest using bleach or vinegar, it can only remove the mold that is visible and does not address the root of the problem. If you don’t have the experience and tools to check every nook and cranny for infestation, chances are you’ll leave something behind, which would cause a regrowth. Besides, you might disturb the spores and cause the mold to spread to other areas, or worse, inhale the spores and develop medical issues.

If you’ve noticed mold in your property, don’t take it upon yourself to solve the problem, as you might just make things worse. If you suddenly see mold after your house has sustained fire or water damage, your insurance policy might be able to cover the cost of inspection and remediation. If you’re living in Texas or Florida, I suggest checking out this website to speak with an experienced mold lawyer.

Terrance Sawyer Answered question December 30, 2022
0

It is usually safe. Touching mold won’t make your skin melt or anything. But you do need to take common-sense precautions when dealing with mold, especially if you are dealing with a severe infestation.

All you need to get rid of mold is bleach and a sponge. Pouring bleach on the area with mold will help wash it off, then you’ll need to scrub the area to finish removing the mold off the surface. The bleach will also kill the mold, while if you used water the mold might have just floated away and fixated elsewhere.

The main danger you should watch for is the fungal spores released by the mold, which can damage your health — especially if you are dealing with black mold. Wear a mask so you won’t breathe those in.

If you keep finding mold in the same area over and over, it’s probably time to get a mold removal expert involved. You can find one on AllStarMoldRemoval.com.

darnellmsmith Answered question September 20, 2020