Ngan, sometimes also called “pair”, is a set of two identical tiles. It is one of the sets in Mahjong. Here are the others:
- Pung – a set of three identical tiles from any suit
- Sheung – a set of three identical tiles from the same suit
- Kong – a set of four identical tiles from any suit
- Quint – a set of five identical tiles with the help of a Joker (wildcard)
- Sextet – a set of six identical tiles with the help of a Joker
A game of mahjong is played using 136 or 144 tiles, depending on the version. Since there are quite a lot of tiles to be familiar with, it could take some people a while to get the hang of the game. But once you do, it’s quite easy. If you want to learn how to play mahjong, visit https://gogetgame.com/article/how-to-play-mahjong/.