Ashok planned a family holiday to Europe. One of his associate recommended Travel Insurance which Ashok rejected on grounds that it is a 10 days trip only and all family is in good health. Daughter Ankita had a road accident in Paris and had to be admitted to Hospital. Ashok had to borrow over Rs 3 lakh from friends to settle the medical bills.
What is Travel Insurance?
Travel insurance is a plan you purchase that protects you from certain financial risks and losses that can occur while traveling in India or going to abroad.
These accidents, diseases, death and baggage loss can happen to anyone. Every traveller carries these risks which causes heavy financial burden in case of occurrence of any such event. We have two choices either to carry these risks or transfer these risks to an insurance company who promises to compensate in case of any loss while travelling. These are specific risks which may happen during the travelling period and insurance covering such risks are called Travel Insurance.
You can enjoy tension free or trouble free holidays if you have travel insurance. Insurer promises to pay directly or reimburse and also offer financial aid in case of sheer emergency of baggage or money loss. While travelling, we experience many problems like flight cancellation, passport loss, and money loss. Travel insurance protects you from all inconvenience.
Also Read: Things to be consider before Buying Travel Insurance Online
Types of Travel Insurance:
Various types of Travel Insurances are available as given below:
- Comprehensive Cover including all risks
- Specific Cover for specific risks
- Special cover for families / Students or groups
- Single trip cover or annual plan for multiple trips.
- Senior Citizens Plan
- Travel Insurance is also available for travel within India.
Premiums are dependent on the following:
- Period of stay
- Purpose of travel
Travel Insurance recommendations by Insurance Samadhan
- Ensure your Insurer has a 24 by 7 Help line to guide you in case you have an emergency and need guidance.
- Ensure you have a comprehensive medical cover covering all risks like disease, accident and death.
- Ensure medical cover provide ail lifting to nearest hospital specially when you are an adventure trip like Masai Mara in Kenya.
- Check coverage for pre existing diseases. Always declare existing diseases for hassle free claims.
- Choose adequate sum assured for minimum 3 days admission.
- Ensure baggage loss, flight cancellation and passport loss are specifically mentioned.
- Check the daily compensation amount in case of an emergency.
- Ensure that your policy cover dental treatment as it is very expensive abroad.
- Ensure that cash less medical treatment is available.
- Ensure policy include expenses for bringing back dead body.
Claim Management of Travel Insurance
Most people suffer claim rejection because of poor documentation. Insurance Samadhan has team of experts who guide in proper documentation for seamless clearance of claim. In case of any claim repudiation, Insurance Samadhan evaluates the case and raise it in front of Insurer and regulator for reconsideration. In case of any such experience, please reach Insurance Samadhan.
If you are facing any difficulty regarding Travel Insurance you can contact us at InsuranceSamadhan.com. We have helped resolve over 12,600 customer grievance cases in the past related to all types of Insurances, ULIPs and other financial products.
To reach us at InsuranceSamadhan.com –
Call us at – 844 844 0626
Mail us at – firstname.lastname@example.org
Register your insurance complaint here