Professional vs. DIY carpet cleaning – which is the better option?
The simple answer is that you need both DIY and professional carpet cleaning. I know that the thought of having to clean your carpets is enough to make you break out into a cold sweat, but it’s a lot less scary than you think. Plus, it’s not as time-consuming as you might think either. You just need to get on top of it and do it right!
As long as you vacuum your carpets at least once a week and use a professional carpet cleaning Taunton cleaner twice a year (or every six months), the average carpet will last for 12 years. And the best part is, if you have pets or kids, this schedule will help keep those stains under control so they don’t become permanent fixtures in your home.
I have also learned from this website that allowing pet hair and dirt to build up too much can lead to allergic reactions, unhealthy levels of bacteria from the microbes found in our homes, bad smells, and damaged fibers.
There are pros and cons to both professional and DIY carpet cleaning.
Pros of professional carpet cleaning:
- Professional carpet cleaners have the experience and expertise to clean your carpet thoroughly and effectively.
- They use high-powered equipment that can remove dirt, dust, and allergens from deep within your carpet.
- They can remove even the most stubborn stains.
- They can often restore damaged carpets to their original condition.
- They offer a variety of services, such as stain removal, odor removal, and restoration.
Cons of professional carpet cleaning:
- It can be expensive.
- It can be time-consuming, as the professional will need to set up and clean up their equipment.
- You may not be able to get an appointment right away, as professional carpet cleaners are often booked up.
Pros of DIY carpet cleaning:
- It is less expensive than professional carpet cleaning.
- It is more convenient, as you can clean your carpet on your own schedule.
- You can be sure that the products you use are safe for your carpet.
Cons of DIY carpet cleaning:
- It can be difficult to clean your carpet thoroughly and effectively.
- You may not have the right equipment to remove dirt, dust, and allergens from deep within your carpet.
- You may not be able to remove even the most stubborn stains.
- You may damage your carpet if you are not careful.
Ultimately, the decision of whether to have your carpet professionally cleaned or to clean it yourself is up to you. Consider your budget, your time constraints, and your level of confidence in your cleaning skills when making your decision.