In 2018, cybersecurity threats represent one of the biggest security risks to your business. It’s extremely important to make sure you have adequate cyber protection, particularly if you’re dealing with customer data, which must be protected. Here are 5 tips that can help to protect your business from cyber threats:
1. Make sure you and your staff can see the warning signs. All employees should practice due diligence when it comes to things like downloads and opening email attachments, to make sure that they don’t inadvertently download a virus.
2. Make sure you have strong passwords. That means long, unique passwords that you don’t use elsewhere.
3. Install strong firewalls. Your business should have both hardware and software firewalls to protect your business and customer data.
4. Back up your data securely. This ensures that if a cyber attack were to ever result in a loss of data, it won’t be catastrophic.
5. Let experts help you. Without expert knowledge of cybersecurity, you can’t possibly make sure you have adequate protection. That’s why it’s important to hire an IT professional. Personally, I use a firm for IT support in Colchester and let them handle all my security protocols.